So, you have made the decision to get into the game of stock trading. Welcome! It can be intimidating, so don’t get frustrated. Doing your research is half the battle to getting you on your way.
Here are a few tips for new traders that will make you feel more confident in your approach.
- First things first, you will want to open an online brokerage account. If you are unsure of who to go with, we have done some research for you. Here is an article that we put together to make things a bit easier: https://www.benzinga.com/investing/best-online-brokerage/
- Find yourself a guru. Reach out to a friend or acquaintance, or better yet, a financial advisor. They will be able to give you some tips or simply just explain things in a way that will help you understand better.
- Stay up to date on the news. With Benzinga Pro, it makes that task a lot easier. Trading using the news is a great way to feel more assured of your stock decisions. Whether it is setting up watchlists or proper alerts, Pro can bring you exactly what you need to see right to your computer without scouring the internet.
- Take your time. If you are new and unsure of how to properly capitalize in the market, don’t rush yourself.
- Choose stocks that are right for you. Starting out, buy what you know because you will be able to understand it better.